YOUR NEW LEARNING EXPERIENCE
How can rapid testing revolutionise patient care?
Point-of-care testing (POCT) gives patients and care providers their test results within minutes, enabling doctors to discuss and arrange patient care management on the spot1-2.
POCT also has the potential to improve practice workflow, which can lead to both operational and cost savings2-4.
myPOCacademy is an online knowledge platform for healthcare professionals in primary care. It provides valuable insights from professionals with real-world POCT expertise - with simple, multi-format, regularly updated educational resources covering multiple therapeutic areas.
Selected content on myPOCacademy is certified by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification service.
To find out more please click here.
The American Diabetes Association standards of care - 2023 guidelines provide recommendations for healthcare providers regarding cardiovascular disease (CVD) and risk management in people with diabetes. The authors highlight that atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and heart failure (HF) are leading causes of morbidity and mortality for people with diabetes, noting that simultaneously addressing cardiovascular (CV) risk factors can con...
American Diabetes Association recommendations for cardiovascular disease in diabetesenAccess Now
Wed 16 Aug 2023
Wed 16 Aug 2023
Join us for this exclusive face-to-face event to hear about real-world examples from experts in the industry around their experience with the ID NOW™ Rapid Molecular Platform to detect respiratory diseases such as COVID-19, flu, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and strep A.
ID NOW™ Platform User Group MeetingenfrAccess Now
The objective of this proof-of-concept study conducted in Italy was to evaluate whether targeted training and networking provided by specialised nephrologists can impact general practitioners’ (GPs) awareness of chronic kidney disease (CKD), in terms of referrals for estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and albumin-to-creatinine ratio (ACR) assessments and proportion of patients classified as having CKD according to Kidney Disease Improvin...
Chronic kidney disease identification in general practiceenAccess Now
The objective of this nationwide cohort study conducted in Denmark was to examine the quality of diabetes care in people with and without severe mental illness (SMI), including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression. The authors note that comorbid SMI is associated with a higher risk of diabetes complications and mortality versus having no SMI, possibly due in part to disparity in diabetes care quality.
Indicators of diabetes care quality in people with mental illnessenAccess Now
European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (ESCMID), 2022 This guidance from the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (ESCMID) provides recommendations on the use of rapid diagnostic testing in populations that were exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and for those who are potentially positive for SARS-CoV-2. Recommendations were formulated by comparing laboratory based NAAT with rapid NAAT, as well as the use ...
ESCMID COVID-19 guidelines: diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2enAccess Now
PROFESSIONAL BLENDED LEARNING
- myPOCacademy is an online educational platform providing information on the value of point-of-care testing (POCT) across multiple medical specialities.
- Learning materials are multi-format, easily digestible and diverse, ranging from professionally accredited webcasts and live events, to bite-size fact sheets, publication summaries and rapid-fire e-learning courses.
ASSESS YOUR UNDERSTANDING
- myPOCacademy materials and activities offer opportunities for self-assessment, interactivity and feedback throughout.
- Live events feature case studies and Q&A sessions with experts in the field, and e-learning courses provide regular knowledge checks.
ACCESS THE LATEST EXPERT PERSPECTIVES
- Hear international experts in primary care discuss their experience with implementing POCT via our range of webcast events and our podcast series.
- myPOCacademy is your go-to resource for the latest updates and expert opinions relating to POCT from across the globe.