Check out the on-demand educational recording from Africa Online Healthcare Week 2020 by clicking here. Dr Susanne Emmerich (Germany) discusses the relationship between diabetes and COVID-19, and how HbA1c point-of-care testing (POCT) impacts glycemic control in diabetic patients. Dr Carl Llor (Spain) discusses the value of C-reactive protein (CRP) POCT to aid assessment of COVID-19 and prevent unnecessary prescription of antibiotics.
View expert presentation on point-of-care testing for diabetes and in the context of COVID-19
Africa Healthcare Week Online is the largest ever virtual event for African healthcare. It features thousands of attendees, with over 80 webinar speakers, including panel discussions and case studies from ministries of health and prominent healthcare leaders.
A scientific session from the latest event (held 13–17 July 2020) covering The value of point-of-care testing in the time of COVID-19 is now available here.
The session features two renowned experts in their fields:
- Dr Susanne Emmerich (Germany) discusses HbA1c point-of-care testing (POCT) for diabetic patients to reduce risk for and severity of COVID-19
- Dr Carl Llor (Spain) discusses the value of C-reactive protein (CRP) POCT to aid assessment of COVID-19 and reduce antimicrobial resistance
- The relationship between diabetes management and COVID-19 severity
- HbA1c POCT for improving glycaemic control in diabetic patients
- Prescription of antibiotics related to COVID-19
- C-reactive protein (CRP) POCT as a tool for identifying bacterial infection in the lungs
- CRP POCT as a predictor of COVID-19 disease severity
- Inappropriate prescription of antibiotics related to COVID-19 and antimicrobial resistance
To read the learning objectives for this session, plus watch the seminar in full, please click here.
The views and opinions presented are of the author only. The content contained in this webcast is intended for informational / educational purposes only.
＆复制; 2022 年雅培。版权所有。引用的所有商标均为雅培集团公司或其各自所有者的商标。