Check out the on-demand symposium recording from the European Respiratory Society congress 2020 by clicking here. Learn how C-reactive protein (CRP) point-of-care testing can be a valuable diagnostic and clinical decision-making tool in relation to COVID-19, and how it may also inform antibiotic prescribing for acutely exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients.
Learn about the value of CRP point-of-care testing for COPD and antimicrobial in the context of COVID-19
The European Respiratory Society congress (ERS) was held on 7–9 September 2020 and delivered the latest innovations in respiratory medicine to over 33,000 delegates.
myPOCacademy hosted a virtual symposium covering CRP point-of-care testing in the time of COVID-19 and for the reduction of antibiotic prescribing in acutely exacerbated COPD patients, watched live by nearly 500 healthcare professionals.
Hear expert perspectives on the value of C-reactive protein (CRP) point-of-care testing (POCT) in the context of COVID-19 by watching the on-demand symposium recording which is now available exclusively on myPOCacademy.
Featuring expert opinion from front-line healthcare staff from around the world, discussions centered around the following topics:
- CRP level as an inflammatory marker for severity and risk assessment in COVID-19
- CRP POCT for identification of patients at high risk of severe outcomes in COVID-19
- CRP POCT for optimal allocation of hospital and intensive care unit resources
- CRP POCT to aid clinical decision-making and guide antibiotic prescribing in patients presenting with symptoms of respiratory tract infections
- The role of CRP POCT in the fight against anti-microbial resistance
- CRP POCT as a diagnostic strategy in patients presenting with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in primary care (the PACE study)
Click here to watch the ERS symposium recording in full.