Prof. Nicholas Francis
Safe reduction of antibiotics for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease using CRP point-of-care testing: The findings of the PACE Study.
Prof. Rogier Hopstaken
Reduction of antibiotic prescribing at primary care: Evidence of the established role of CRP point-of-care testing.
Join our panel of experts from across Europe to learn about the value of C-reactive protein (CRP) point-of-care testing (POCT) to help fight antimicrobial resistance and as an aid to help avoid the misuse of antibiotics. 90% of respiratory tract infections (RTIs) are viral and therefore antibiotics have no clinical benefit. And yet RTIs are one of the most common reasons for unnecessary antibiotic prescribing . The webinar will analyse studies and present front-line experience on the value of CRP POCT told through the eyes of internationally acclaimed healthcare professionals and academics from the UK, the Netherlands and Italy.
The views and opinions presented are of the author only. The content contained in this webcast is intended for informational / educational purposes only.
PROFESSIONAL BLENDED LEARNING
- myPOCacademy is an online educational platform providing information on the value of point-of-care testing (POCT) across multiple medical specialities.
- Learning materials are multi-format, easily digestible and diverse, ranging from professionally accredited webcasts and live events, to bite-size fact sheets, publication summaries and rapid-fire e-learning courses.
ASSESS YOUR UNDERSTANDING
- myPOCacademy materials and activities offer opportunities for self-assessment, interactivity and feedback throughout.
- Live events feature case studies and Q&A sessions with experts in the field, and e-learning courses provide regular knowledge checks.
ACCESS THE LATEST EXPERT PERSPECTIVES
- Hear international experts in primary care discuss their experience with implementing POCT via our range of webcast events and our podcast series.
- myPOCacademy is your go-to resource for the latest updates and expert opinions relating to POCT from across the globe.