A one stop shop: the impact of point-of-care lipid testing on cardiovascular disease screening and management
Join a panel of experts from all over the world to learn the impact point-of-care (POC) lipid testing can have on cardiovascular disease management. The experts will discuss POC lipid testing, and the impact it has had on their practice and patients.
Cardiovascular diseases are a leading cause of death globally, taking 17.9 million lives each year.  Patients at risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) may show raised blood pressure, have diabetes or have high lipid levels.
The good news is, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease (such as dyslipidemia, hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia) is possible with lipid panel tests to identify risk, and continued testing for monitoring. Performing point-of-care testing during patient consultations provides a teachable moment for patients and can lead to better outcomes.   
- Learn how point-of-care lipid testing can be used for screening or management of cardiovascular disease.
- See how immediate, cholesterol test results can make a difference in your office.
- Learn how testing guidelines apply to point-of-care lipid testing.
- Realize the benefit of point-of-care lipid testing to the patients.
- Learn how point-of-care testing can improve cardiovascular disease management.
Dr. Mary P. McGowan
Welcome and Introductions
Dr. Devaki Nair
Are lipid panel point-of-care tests fit for purpose?
Dr. Manoj S. Chawla
Importance of lipid accuracy and the effects of POC on office workflow and patient experience
Dr. Marcelo Chiara Bertolami
Patient benefits of immediate access to the lipid profile
The views and opinions presented are of the authors only. The content contained in this webcast is intended for informational / educational purposes only.
- ↑ WHO https://www.who.int/health-topics/cardiovascular-diseases/#tab=tab_1
- ↑ Gerrald KR, Dixon DL, Barnette DJ, Williams VG. Evaluation of a pharmacist-managed lipid clinic that uses point-of-care lipid testing. J Clin Lipidol. 2010 Mar-Apr;4(2):120-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jacl.2010.02.001. Epub 2010 Feb 6. PMID: 21122639
- ↑ Bubner TK, Laurence CO, Gialamas A, Yelland LN, Ryan P, Willson KJ, Tideman P, Worley P, Beilby JJ. Effectiveness of point-of-care testing for therapeutic control of chronic conditions: results from the PoCT in General Practice Trial. Med J Aust. 2009 Jun 1;190(11):624-6. doi: 10.5694/j.1326-5377.2009.tb02590.x. PMID: 19485840
- ↑ Laurence, C.O., Moss, J.R., Briggs, N.E. et al. The cost-effectiveness of point of care testing in a general practice setting: results from a randomised controlled trial. BMC Health Serv Res 10, 165 (2010)
© 2023 Abbott. All rights reserved. All trademarks referenced are trademarks of either the Abbott group of companies or their respective owners. Any photos displayed are for illustrative purposes only. Any person depicted in such photos is a model. Products available in select markets only. COL-07291-01