My Virtual Mitral Valve My Virtual Mitral Valve
A mitral valve repair curriculum adapted to a low-fidelity simulator
With the use of the Verberkmoes low fidelity simulator this course allows the scholar to train two of the first procedures in mitral valve repair in a distance learning environment. The two procedures are deconstructed into teachable components, applying strictly the science of learning. The Verberkmoes simulator, was the winning contestant in the 2012 EACTS simulator building contest. Dr Verberkmoes is a thoracic surgeon from the Netherlands. The curricular design comes from Prof Dr Patrick Perier (Paris, Bad Neustadt).
Scholars interested in cardiac surgery and cardiac surgical residents, in preparation of clinical valve repair
- G: To optimize the initial learning process of the mitral valve repair procedures
- G: To stimulate interested scholars in learning cardiac surgery
- O: To deconstruct the mitral valve repair into teachable components.
- O: To learn the three dimentional anatomy of the mitral valve and apparatus
- O: To understand the spatial relationships of hands, needle holder, needle, the mitral valve ring
- O: To annihilate the negative phase of the learning curve on the first mitral valve repairs in human
- O: To confront and annihilate the scholar with possible technical errors
- O: To optimize the pace of the first mitral valve repair procedures in humans
- This does not lead to a license to practice surgery, only national legislation is valid.
- Execution Time Limited
- Duration 60 Days counting from your Enroll Date
- Available for
- Investment Free