This policy describes how iLappSurgery treats your information.
1. Information we collect and receive
Our courses are hosted by Meplis N.V. on campus.meplis.com. They provide us with the online e-learning platform that allows us to provide courses and learning features to you.
Your data is stored through Meplis’ data storage, databases and the general Meplis Campus application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
When you login or participate in a iLappSurgery course on our site, as part of the learning or teaching process, you will be requested to give us permission to use your Meplis Account personal information; such as your name and email address.
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to use the iLappSurgery services is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name;
- Billing information. If you purchase a online course module, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information;
- Log data. When you use iLappSurgery, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to iLappSurgery, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using iLappSurgery on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Communication content that you send and receive within iLappSurgery. The message content itself. This content can include messages, pictures, files and video among other types of files. When messages or files were sent and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them (in a channel or direct message, for example).
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- JSESSIOINID, unique token, sessional, Allows Meplis to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
3. How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the iLappSurgery service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you.
- Understanding and improving our products/ services. To make the product/service better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it in many different ways to improve our products/ services, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to an iLappSurgery user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep iLappSurgery secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns. Furthermore, Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a message or integration limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to users about new product features or other news about iLappSurgery. You can opt-out of these at any time.
iLappSurgery takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the iLappSurgery service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page/our website. If you continue to use iLappSurgery after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
6. Contacting iLappSurgery