iLappSurgery is a not for profit organization i.e. a VZW/Foundation under Belgian law and is compliant with Belgian law.
The iLappSurgery Foundation (iLappSurgery) operates a website www.ilappsurgery.com and offers applications and information on specific laparoscopic procedures.
By visiting our website and/or accessing our applications and/or requesting for advice and/or guidance you engage in our Service and you accept the following terms and conditions (Terms of Service/TOS) including all policies mentioned herein. We therefore ask you to read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing our website or applications.
Terms of Service.
2. iLappSurgery may change this TOS. If we make a material change to the TOS, we will provide you with reasonable notice prior to the changes either by emailing the email address associated with your account or by posting a notice on the Site. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time by visiting this page. The revised terms and conditions will become effective on the date set forth in our notice, and if you use the Service after that date, your use will constitute acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. If any change to this TOS is not acceptable to you, your only remedy is to cancel your account and stop using the Services, which you may do by contacting us.
3. By accessing or using the Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years (or have reached the age of majority if that is not 18 years of age where you live). You represent that you are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms and conditions in this TOS. The Service is not directed to children under 13, so if you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to access or use the Services. If we become aware that you are using the Service even though you are under 13, we will deactivate your account.
4. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or exploit ant parts of the Service.
Description of Service.
The “Service(s)” means (a) the iLappSurgery website http://www.ilappsurgery.com (the “Site”), and (b) all software, Applications, data, text, images, videos and other content made available by or on behalf of iLappSurgery through any of the foregoing. iLappSurgery reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to iLappSurgery.
Access and Use of the Service.
You may access and use the Service only for lawful, authorized purposes and you shall not misuse the Service in any manner. Any software that may be made available by or on behalf of iLappSurgery in connection with the Service, including iLappSurgery’s mobile and desktop applications (“Software”) contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Subject to the terms and conditions of this TOS, iLappSurgery only grants you a personal, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license to use the object code of any Software solely in connection with the Service. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information.
We have spent a lot of time in preparing and checking the content of our website and our Apps. Nevertheless we are not responsible for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or untimeliness of the content and any reliance on information on our site or in our Applications is at your own risk and usage of such information in surgical procedures requires more in-depth knowledge and experience. See also Limitation of Liability.
Your Data Rights and Related Responsibilities.
2. In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of this TOS gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided.
3.You are solely responsible for your conduct, the content of Your Data, and all communications with others while using the Services.
Term & Termination.
1.This TOS will continue in full effect unless and until your account or this TOS is terminated. You have the right to deactivate your account by contacting us.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
The Services may be temporarily unavailable for scheduled maintenance or for unscheduled emergency maintenance, or because of other causes beyond our reasonable control, but iLappSurgery shall use reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of any material scheduled service disruption. Further, you understand that Your Data may be transmitted or handled in an unencrypted manner if you choose to use unencrypted gateways to connect to the Service.
The Service and all related components and information are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind, and iLappSurgery expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including , but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge that iLappSurgery does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or virus-free, nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Services, and no information, advice or services obtained from iLappSurgery or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this TOS.
Limitation of Liability.
The services provided by iLappSurgery Foundation have the sole purpose to enhance the skills of surgeons by offering an extensive description of specific surgical procedures and if requested by offering online advice and guidance.
iLappSurgery Apps and other digital educational programs are made with utmost accuracy and are solely platforms for teaching surgical techniques in an online environment. The teachings are solely intended for qualified surgeons with extensive laparoscopic experience.
The Foundation and all of its teachers/contributors may not be held liable for damages or undesirable effects which may result from the application of the described surgical techniques as the result is strongly depending on factors such as the surgical skills of the users, their experience in minimally invasive surgery/TME, the equipment used and previous training on site and in the lab. Reliance on the teachings provided through iLappSurgery is therefore solely on your own risk.
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall iLappSurgery and its teachers/contributors be liable to you or any third party for a) any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential or punitive damages, or b) any matter beyond our reasonable control. The provisions of this section allocate the risks under this TOS between the parties, and the parties have relied on these limitations in determining whether to enter into this TOS.
If any provision of this TOS is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this TOS will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Integration, Modification, and Authority
This TOS is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this TOS. All waivers and modifications to this TOS must be in writing.
Except as otherwise set forth herein, all notices under this TOS will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given.
Applicable Law and jurisdiction
The TOS and the relationship between the parties shall be governed by Belgian law and any controversy will be subject to the appropriate Courts of Law of Brussels (Dutch speaking), Belgium.
Questions about the TOS should be directed to iLappSurgery at email@example.com
iLappSurgery Foundation, Kasteellaan 51, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org